Monday, August 19, 2019

Our Favorite Kids' Brands

When I was a new Mom, I knew NADA about shopping for kids' clothing. It's definitely been something I have learned along the way, and if you know me IRL, you know that I love the thrill of the hunt. I thought I would compile a few of our favorite brands to share with our new parent friends or anyone looking for some kid-clothing-inspo:

Hanna Andersson: Often referred to as "Happy Hannas," the Hanna Andersson jammies are THE BEST. The quality is unmatched and the signature stripes are so classic and easy to coordinate for sibling sets. I buy gender-neutral so they can be passed down and after two kids, all of our Hanna Jams are still going strong and look good-as-new. The cotton is so soft and they are extra comfy. They have frequent sales and can be found on Zulily from time to time, too.

 Itty Bitty Char Char sleeping in his Hanna jams

Newborn Maddie in her Happy Hannas that were once Charlie's


The Beaufort Bonnet Co: OK, this one is a major splurge. Truthfully, I only buy TBBC during their twice yearly (Nov & May) "Pink Party" Sale. Their items are simply stunning and the pima cotton is so soft. I love the saying "Let them be little" and the sweet, timeless bubbles, john-johns, dresses, and bonnets that TBBC makes are just the most precious children's things ever. Maddie loves her play dresses from TBBC and I love how sweet they look on her.

 Maddie's fav TBBC 'quack quack' dress

When given a choice, she always picks her special 'ducky' dress


Lands' End: Growing up, my Mom always got our winter coats at Lands' End and now I know why. The quality is great and their stuff lasts and lasts through multiple kiddos. I've found some great jackets, rash guards, and basics on their website. They run amazing sales, too, if you hit the right timing. I ordered Charlie's lunch box from Lands' End for preschool and was super impressed with the quality.

Wal-Mart: Real Talk - I am a mama who loves Wal-Mart. In the town where I went to college, Wal-Mart was basically our only option for......anything. Haha. Some of my kids favorite everyday things have come from Wal-Mart. The Wonder Nation and Garanimals brands have great basics at crazy low prices. Before I had kids, I swore I would never get the tacky character stuff. Well, when you see the joy on your kid's face when he gets a Paw Patrol pajama set? Game over. The cheesy WalMart character jammies will run you about $7 bucks a pair and the joy they bring is priceless. They hold up surprisingly well, too, for seven bucks.

Carter's: Carter's has some of the cutest little designs for kids. Their fleece zip-up (a zipper is key for the middle-of-the-night diaper changes) sleepers are awesome and were truly staples during each of my kids' first years of life. They also make super cute everyday outfits that are actually so fun I wish they came in adult sizes!

The Carter's fleece sleepers are beyond cozy! 

Baby Maddie in a Carter's sleeper- simply delish!

Cat & Jack: The Cat & Jack line at Target is absolutely adorable. I love their swim suits and rash guards, especially, and they have some adorable outfits that hold up really well after several washes. Two of my closest girlfriends swear their boys' pants hold up SO much better than others so I recently ordered some for the Fall that I can't wait to see on Charlie!

This Cat & Jack jacket is a perfect color for spotting my boy on the playground

Crocs: My kids looooove their Crocs shoes and I love that they can get them on and off easily and by themselves. My sweet girlfriend passed down a pair of Crocs to baby Charlie when he was newly walking, and ever since we have been fans. They are easy to clean, super versatile, and my kids both think they are super comfy. The ankle strap helps keep them in place which is great for little feet new to walking. Maddie loves her Frozen/Elsa Crocs so much.

These two LOVE their Crocs

iPlay: This is a brand I often get on Amazon but I think several large chains carry iPlay, too. Their reusable swim diapers that double as bathing suit bottoms are SO cute while also being environmentally friendly. I also love their swim tees and hats- the sun protection they offer seems great and everything we have from this brand has held up great through multiple swims and washes. Their price point is also excellent!

An iPlay swim diaper with a Carter's rashguard + hat = perfect beach attire

Consignment: I LOVE a good deal, especially on children's clothing. They grow so fast so it seems silly to overspend on something that may only be worn a handful of times. My favorite 'local' sale is Just Between Friends which is held all over the country seasonally (Insider tip: the last day of each sale weekend is "half off" day- I have gotten gorgeous outfits for under a dollar. Unreal!). One Upon a Child is also an awesome consignment chain with stores all over - they have great deals on some awesome brands, too! I have found some of our very favorite items at consignment sales/shops at incredible prices.

This sweet little dress was 50 cents at a consignment sale- amazing!

What brands do y'all love for the kiddos in your lives?? I'd love to hear where you find some of your favorite kids' clothing!

Happy Monday, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment