Sunday, June 6, 2021

Waiting for Baby

    I’m currently 38 weeks pregnant and we are patiently waiting for the sweet baby girl who will complete our family. To say it’s a mix of emotions is a massive understatement; I’m dying to see her face and hold her but also savoring these last days of my last pregnancy and the little extra time with just the big kids before our world gets turned upside down for a bit. 


   I want to always remember the excitement Charlie and Maddie have for her arrival and how giddy they get whenever they talk about “their” baby. Every time I go for a doctors appointment (weekly now) they expect a baby to come home with me. They are so ready and it’s really sweet. The thought of them meeting her for the first time definitely brings on all of the tears and emotions- I’m really looking forward to that moment! When Maddie was born, Charlie was a baby himself at only 20 months old, so this will be a very different experience this time around. 

   If I’m being honest, I do worry about how our day to day is going to look and if Charlie and/or Maddie might have a rough adjustment. Maddie’s fourth birthday is next week right around my due date so I’ve been prepping some fun things to make it a little extra special for her (did someone say piñata?!) just in case baby sister crashes her party. Tim has also planned out some fun Phillies outings for Charlie so our big guy can have some special things to look forward to this summer, too. I know there will be good days and some tougher days and am kind of in the process of mentally preparing for that while trying not to worry too much and enjoy the ride. Soon enough this phase of life will be a distant memory so the theme of “savoring it all” is where I’m trying to lay my focus.

   Logistically, we are ready for her arrival. We set up a fun new bunk bed for the big kids to be able to share for a bit since our house only has three bedrooms. We figure we’ll pivot as needed with the bed/bedroom situation but it gives us more options for now. The only thing we are really missing at this point is....a name for baby girl! Please feel free to leave any and all suggestions as we are fresh out of ideas for this sweet girl. A boy name? Totally have one. A girl name? Not so much! SOS!


   We may have NO clue when this sweet little girl will arrive but I can say we are feeling abundantly and overwhelmingly blessed as we await her arrival. Life may be even crazier than normal for a minute, but she is so so loved and cherished already and soaking in the reality of that may just be one of the very best things in life.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment