Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hey friends! Hope this finds all of you having a Happy Friday and a Happy Valentine's Day. While it can be so much fun to enjoy these types of holidays with a significant other, kids, friends, etc., I fully acknowledge days like today can be hard for so many people, too. Maybe you are going through some tough stuff in life right now, as we all do sometimes. If that is the case, today my heart is with YOU.

Social media can be filled with picture-perfect scenes, especially on days like today. It can be overwhelming if that isn't your reality in this very moment. I know I have friends and family struggling with various things in their lives right now, so today my prayer is that they feel all the love that surrounds them.

Truthfully, I didn't get my kids any cute treats and hubby and I didn't exchange witty cards this year. We have a sick kiddo so by default we're having a quiet week around here, which feels blissful in and of itself. I am feeling especially grateful for the people who show us, and specifically our kiddos, love on a daily basis. Our parents / kids' incredible grandparents. Our sweet sweet friends. Our awesome neighbors. Our amazing teachers. Our saint of a babysitter. As they say in one of my favorite cheesy movies, "Love Actually is all around us." I hope and pray that if you are reading this, you feel that today, too.

Yup.


Tonight we will celebrate all of the love around us in many forms with.... a big ol' heart shaped PIZZA! Haha. If you know me AT ALL you know a heart-shaped pizza is my love language...  :)

This little peanut is enjoying allllllll the snuggles this week and we are here for it


Wherever you happen to be in life right now, I hope today fills your heart with LOVE. ♥

1 comment:

  1. As I read this I can’t help but do a little reading between the lines. How many major holidays and special times has our family spent with Dad out of the country? Perhaps your experiences left you with resilience and empathy. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! 🔆❤️

    ReplyDelete