Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Hello, Old Friend

    It’s been a while since I’ve written on this little blog. 2020 was a weird year (understatement of the century...) and truthfully I lost my motivation to share parts of our world. It seemed inappropriate to share happy things when people were suffering and it seemed to be beating a dead horse to vent about things that everyone was dealing with. 

   Over the summer, I lost my corporate job of 6.5 years. The time at home with my kiddos has been such a blessing and I feel so lucky I’ve been able to be safe at home, watching them grow and bearing witness to the special relationship and bond they have with one another. After working my entire adult life and adjusting to life as a working Mom, I’d be lying to say it doesn’t feel weird not having a job. It’s been a huge adjustment all around. 

   All around us, people have adjusted to major changes to their daily lives. I think the clincher that really sealed the deal on how different 2020 was for everyone was how the holidays were spent. Like many, we didn’t see any family for the first time ever over the holidays. It was a quiet, minimalist, simple Christmas.  I started putting away Christmas decorations this morning and in some ways it felt surreal that Christmas came and went without many of our usual traditions.

   Despite how different everything has looked and how much daily life has changed, one thing remains: 

WE. ARE. SO. ABUNDANTLY. BLESSED. 

   We are so very blessed. We have our health, we have one another, and we have our cozy home where we’ve been able to quarantine. We have luxuries like virtual preschool classes, grocery pickup or delivery, and FaceTime to see family members safely. Yes, we’ve had to adjust the sails numerous times this year, but how lucky are we that we have all of the tools needed to do so?!

   I’m ending 2020 by being so inspired by the resiliency of those around me. So many of my friends and family members have made tough decisions and have pivoted with such grace. I am so so inspired by all of you. Every single person faced challenges we never could have imagined, and here we are. We made it!

   As we sit on the precipice of a New Year, I feel so hopeful. Hopeful that better days are ahead. Hopeful that, at this point, we can tackle anything thrown at us, however crazy it may be. I hope if you are reading this, you feel some hope for the new year, too. We’ve got this, friends!


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment