Thursday, February 11, 2021

And Baby Makes.... FIVE!

 The Snee Fam is growing! In June, we’ll become a family of five when we welcome our third (and last!) baby. I am 22 weeks pregnant and there is definitely no hiding this fairly aggressive bump now.  

   The first trimester was definitely challenging with severe, all-day and all-night morning sickness. I had bad morning sickness with Charlie and Maddie, but this was on another level. During this stretch, the fam ate way too much take-out, hence the lack of meal planning here for a while. I am pretty sure this crew is completely sick of Chik-fil-A and can go a good year or two before revisiting their menu. 

   Once I had my twelve week ultrasound and we got back our genetic testing results (thanks to my “advanced maternal age!”) we told our families and the kids, which has honestly been the best part. The kids are SO excited. The love they already have for “their” baby is the sweetest, purest love and it’s just the most beautiful thing to witness. Maddie has BIG plans for her baby and is taking her Big Sister role very seriously, while Charlie is loving being the leader of the pack and a seasoned Big Brother. 

   We are really excited to welcome this sweet little baby into our family and feel embarrassingly blessed that God has entrusted us with another precious child. 

   I thought it would be fun to document this pregnancy with a few “Bumpdates” here and there and selfishly want to have these memories to look back on someday when this phase of life is only a memory. So, here goes......

22 Week Bumpdate:

How Far Along? 22 weeks already which is crazy to me!

Size of Baby? Baby is about the size of a spaghetti squash, or roughly 11 inches long, weighing about one pound!

Gender? IT’S A GIRL!!! We found out fairly early on this time (early Dec) with the genetic testing done on baby. I definitely cried happy tears in my laundry room when the doctor’s office called and told me she was a healthy baby GIRL. Maddie is over the moon to have a sister and can’t wait to show her all of her Barbie dolls  Charlie asked if the NEXT baby can please be a boy, causing his parents to have a heart attack! (Sorry, buddy...)

Symptoms? I generally feel pretty good, just extra tired; the nausea does surface in the evenings still but carbs definitely help!

Loving? The kids’ excitement! The way they talk to baby girl is so sweet. She’s one of the crew already and so so loved.

Loathing? The pandemic pregnancy situation has been vastly different than my other two pregnancies. I definitely feel a bit more anxious about Covid and going to the ultrasounds alone has been a little weird, but overall we’re blessed so I remind myself this is just a part of her special story and arriving into the world during these times will be something we tell her about down the line.  

Movement? I definitely feel more movement now vs the flutters I felt a few weeks ago. I LOVE laying in bed at night just feeling her move all over. She still has plenty of room and is partying her little heart out in there- especially at bedtime!

Cravings? Unsweetened black iced tea with a ton of ice, scrambled eggs or omelets, toasted bagels, and randomly putting spinach in everything! 

Best Parts this Week? Feeling more movement! I love feeling her kicks and am just really soaking it all in right now.

Worst Parts this Week? It’s snowy and super cold so I am REALLY missing our good long walks outside but we are safe and warm at home and for that we are grateful.

Looking forward to? The fam getting to feel her kicks! 




No comments:

Post a Comment